A patch and growth

May 18, 2007

Keely decides to dress-up as someone several times a day. There are outfits, routines, and songs that go with most of the personas. Sometimes she acts out stories. Lately she's been a postal carrier. Oh fine. A mailMAN, but whatever. She told me the other day she needed to be a pirate, but she didn't have an eyepatch. The horror.  It was late so I told her that I'd make her one the next day. Bright and early she told me, "O.k now will you make the eyepatch."  She never forgets anything. Ever. Alright so I was just going to cut one out of paper, but figured it'd ripe before the day was over and she'd go ape. So I asked her to help me find some black fabric and ribbon to use. She stopped. Look horrified and put her hands on her hips. "NO mommy! Not blaaaack! I'm a girl pirate. I can't wear black. Mine has to be all pink."  I don't know where she gets this from, but I know not to try and talk her into the world of colors know no gender. Pink eye patch it is. Whipped up in about 5 minutes.

ARrrgh!  So what if it's a tad too big and falling down in this photo. You get the idea.
She likes it.

Hmmm. Things are growing around here. The garden is doing well. Weedy already, but well.
The belly is growing too.
It's a preggo mug shot. Not the most flattering photo, but my hubby hates taking pictures and moans about how terrible he is with the camera. I love you Ryan, but would ya just shut it and take the photo and try not to chop off my head.  Yeesh. So what if I boss you around while you're trying to do it. "Line up this. Turn off the flash. Make sure my hair's not sticking up and no body parts are overly exposed.  Yap, Yap, Yap." It's hard loving me sometimes, no?
With Keely we did a photo every month at the same time, in the same place, with me wearing the same thing. I'm not so disciplined this time around. We've only taken 2 shots so far. That one was at 3 months.  Ah. What can ya do?
Have a good weekend all.

Filed under: milo,random chatter

• 1. Alicia A.  |  May 18, 2007 at 4:34 pm

Hey cute stuffs. (All three of you.) You’re lookin’ good.

• 2. lera  |  May 18, 2007 at 5:11 pm

Oh, I love that little baby bump. (I miss it.)

Cute eye patch, too.

Have a great weekend.

• 3. laeroport  |  May 18, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Argh! You’re growin’ indeed, thar matey. And I always wear pink eye patches when I play pirate. ;)

(And our second child – doesn’t even have a baby book. Well, he has the book. Just nothing is written in it.)

• 4. Chara Michele  |  May 18, 2007 at 5:37 pm

What a cute little eye patch! I love how it had to be pink:)

Exciting, baby bump!

• 5. Natalie  |  May 18, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Love the pirate. My daughter likes to be a pirate too. Her brothers gave her a tattoo, which she proudly showed everyone… fun stuff. Keep up the bump photos… and more congratulations… hope everything is going well.

• 6. manda  |  May 18, 2007 at 8:56 pm

You and your bump look beautiful! And of course Keely looks beautiful too in her wonderful pink eyepatch.

• 7. capello  |  May 18, 2007 at 9:40 pm

hey, at least you get to flaunt a belly.

when i was pregnant, my boobs got so big they always hid the belly.

YEAH, THAT RIGHT: EACH BOOB WAS ALWAYS BIGGER THAN THE BELLY.

• 8. OMSH  |  May 18, 2007 at 10:14 pm

I love the idea of a pink pirate patch – well done momma!

And? With my 2nd child there were fewer and fewer pictures. I think you can only guess how many there were with the 3rd. I think you are doing very well – very well indeed.

• 9. Jen  |  May 19, 2007 at 7:54 am

I got my sheets this week and thanks for them. I will find lovely animals to make!

• 10. Amy  |  May 19, 2007 at 8:16 am

Where do they get the ideas? Bea never forgets anything either – never has been distractable even as a toddler. That’s pretty cool though. Hooray for the sewing machine even for 5 minutes.

Crazy conversation below as well. Oh my.

• 11. Stephanie  |  May 19, 2007 at 2:17 pm

Cutest pirate ever!

• 12. JoAnna  |  May 20, 2007 at 8:50 am

Keely needs to meet Griffin. Sounds like they would have quite a time. I think I am going to have to post his Really Rosie pics next. You look great! Hope you are starting to feel a little better. For some reason salt and vinegar potato chips helped my nausea. (Disgusting, I know, but it helps with the extra saliva I guess?????)

• 13. monica  |  May 21, 2007 at 5:29 am

how cute. I loved to be pregnant and miss my belly terribly.