Around here

May 1, 2007

This weekend the weather was good. We found a cheap (thrift store) outdoor couch-like thing for our almost complete screened-in porch. It needs a paint job and I get to make some cushions for it, but like I said…it was really cheap. We went to all the stores we could think of trying to find outdoor furniture, but good golly $800. for a cheesy set! Not happening. I'll keep our $30. 7 foot long thingie. All three of us can sit on it with the animals and still have room to spare. Keely and Sadie love it.

(Surely the days of that red dress are numbered, right? It's hot and long sleeved.)

We are going to fork over a bit of tax money for a table and chair set though. We also stocked up on bubbles (I even got some for me! Giant bubble wands are groovy.), outdoor chalk, clay,
and picked up a Hula-Hoop for Keely. I hurt myself trying to demonstrate my (un)wiggly hips and the hubby couldn't keep it going either. It was a few good laughs. Keely calls it her "Lula-Loop". Love it.
In the study/craft room I set up a little table for Keely. She has been calling it her desk.  "You have to be quiet now. I'm at school and must do my work!"  Then she draws or writes letters for a few minutes.
We also got our garden planted and things are sprouting already- tomatoes, peppers, beans, and cucumbers are on the way. I also planted herbs, but the squirrels keep stealing them. Alrighty,so that's what we've been up to inbetween all the medical drama. Happy May all. I so hope that this month is going to be better than February, March, and April were. Yeesh.

Filed under: random chatter

• 1. eren  |  May 1, 2007 at 9:55 am

Great find! Can’t wait to hit the thrift stores there for some new things for the house. That little Keely girl kills me with her grown-up ness. What a sweety.

• 2. capello  |  May 1, 2007 at 11:37 am

but, but, but… what about the red neck neighbors and their rowdy pool parties?

• 3. laeroport  |  May 1, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Love those pictures. Yeah! Garden. Bad squirrels. Go away.

• 4. Amy  |  May 1, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Lula loop – that’s a real good one.

Good grief – you’ve been more productive than me and my insides are all full functioning. Wow!

• 5. PoppaDon  |  May 1, 2007 at 2:07 pm

Here’s yet another one of life’s little lessons in COUNTER-INTUITIVE THINKING: To keep a hula hoop going AROUND you, you move your hips front-to-back and back-to-front and NEVER side to side or in a circle. Love ya kids!

• 6. LLA  |  May 1, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Look at you – all nesting and stuff!

• 7. Felicia  |  May 1, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Yep, I’ve been on the hunt down for some outdoor furniture too but the prices are way over the top for something that’ll get wet and have sun beating down on it year after year.

Those two are so cute together!

• 8. amy h  |  May 1, 2007 at 6:15 pm

Outdoor furniture is crazy. A couple years ago, we got a table set at Target because it was inexpensive and not completely hideous. My neighbor tells me they have nice outdoor tables at Sears — she got a really nice modern teak look there.

7 feet? That’s great! What a good deal, even if you have to make cushions.

• 9. OMSH  |  May 2, 2007 at 12:13 pm

First, I love how soft and fresh everything always looks at your house.

Next, wonderful work area! Kenny has that same magnetic/dry erase board and loves it!

Finally, please keep us updated on health issues – even though I know you probably think it makes posting drudgery.

(((hugs)))

• 10. nuttnbunny  |  May 2, 2007 at 2:59 pm

So industrious! We’ve been on the lookout (along with so many other commenters) for some furniture.

btw – Oh… that quilt! I may drool on my computer.

• 11. nihal  |  May 3, 2007 at 11:45 am