sleepy blogworld

October 3, 2006

Well, hello out there. Where is everyone?

*chirp*   *chirp*  *chirp*

right then.

If no one is interested in buying any of the "sheet" that's left at the store, I think I'm going to pack it all up and stuff it in the attic. I'm done with it now. I must reclaim our space. I'm not making any money of the goods now. I'm just trying to get rid of them. sigh. Oh yes, and my salesman walked off the job and went back to making tea & muffins.

So, this weekend we watched our first subtitled foreign flick in years!  "The Girl From Paris". It was pretty good and it made us want our farm life more…or maybe just the farm land.  We also went to the zoo and decided after this guy…

we need a piggy on our farm too. He was so friendly. The goats were nice too. I'm thinking we'll adopt some old, retired animals. Keely really likes animals and so do we.
This cave thing is neat. You climb in and look up through these bubble windows to watch prairie dogs.
But as always, Keely didn't care about doing what your supposed to do at the zoo and she mostly enjoyed walking around with her "new friend goose." I think he liked her too. He just stayed next to her and walked while she talked, and talked, and talked.
She practicing being a lion here…roaring and all that.
In other news, I made a few pillow cases/covers for Keely's room. How long did it take me to figure out how to sew a cover for a huge bolster/body pillow? I mean, it is basically a big cylinder, but I had to sew and mess it up THREE times before I got it right. Ay, ya, ya. Now it is done. Well, done enough for now.  I still haven't figured out my bird drawings for her walls. I guess I don't have much to say which is one reason I am not posting much. I'll go now.  As always, I'll post more on FlickR.

Filed under: child related activities,random chatter

• 1. estea  |  October 3, 2006 at 9:19 am

*yawn*

i’m here. barely. >inhales coffee

• 2. Alicia A.  |  October 3, 2006 at 9:59 am

Huh? What?

Oh, hi. Yes. Still here.

• 3. capello  |  October 3, 2006 at 10:42 am

What? Huh? Oh.

Need Starbucks.

• 4. madmommy  |  October 3, 2006 at 11:49 am

Oh, wait! I still want that funtown sheet…I just have absolutely no funds until Friday (payday)! Please, please don’t get rid of it yet…I’m so wanting that piece for my munchkin…fabric for boys things is so hard to come by. Drop me a line if you can keep it “on hold”!

• 5. amy h  |  October 3, 2006 at 1:06 pm

I haven’t been around (out of town), but I’m starting to catch up!

OK, I have been holding out on one of those rooster plates because there is a set of four, and I only need one. I didn’t want to break up the set. I’ll go ahead and buy one if you’re OK with breaking up the set. Or I can keep waiting. :)

• 6. amy h  |  October 3, 2006 at 1:08 pm

Oh, I see the roosters are gone! I hope you sold the whole set — I’m glad I didn’t stick you with three.

• 7. Amy  |  October 3, 2006 at 1:48 pm

Sorry your little rethrifting venture didn’t take off. I put my new venture (other blog) in the attic today too.

Would you look at those high heels on the muffin maker? Wow.

• 8. Jennifer  |  October 3, 2006 at 3:18 pm

My son has the same kitchen set! (but we generally discourage high heels) :) Cute zoo pictures…long sleeves and pants…I’m jealous!

• 9. molly  |  October 3, 2006 at 7:45 pm

this makes me want to take the kids to the zoo! we threw around the idea of the aquarium last weekend, but it was going to cost $25 each for me and DAN!! ridiculous!
    I feel like blogland has been really sleepy lately, too. where is everyone? is there some blog crafty conference i missed?

• 10. MéLisa  |  October 4, 2006 at 11:38 am

Ha! I love that little snout! I want a couple piggies but hubby says no, he wants cows. Hello! Much bigger, more, poo! Oh well! Ppssst~ I placed an order with ya, just had to wait to get paid this week to get to it! Thanks!