Tea & Towels

September 15, 2006

I got a few of these Bavarian teacups this week. They are very delicate and froofy. I'm attracted to these small pretty things, but in our home almost all of our dishes are solid white.  Anyway, I looked these cups up online and they sell for $25….for one cup and saucer! That price is from a replacement china place, so I guess if you are shopping there you really want the piece and will pay that. It is just crazy to my cheap brain.

Speaking of teacups, we had a tea party yesterday. First, we made blueberry muffins together. I let her do all the stirring and muffin linings. We cleaned house while they cooked and then she got dressed-up for the party. We turned on some Getz & Gilberto too.

She used all kinds of "please's" and  "thank you's" during our party. And said cute things like, "Tea parties are my favorite!" "Muffins are so yummy" "Mommy, you have pretty blue eyes. They are like mirrors."

I was surprised that she liked chamomile tea. She loved eating in the dining room and using glass instead of plastic. Then later, after we took our shower she asked me to dry her hair like I do mine. I love this photo.

This weekend I hope to get a grommet thingy at least, if not start on the curtain too. Also, if we have some nice weather I hope we can go on a little family outting around town. Enjoy your weekend all and spend time doing what matters to you. ;-)

Filed under: child related activities,random chatter,thrifting

• 1. Ali  |  September 15, 2006 at 8:59 am

Keely is to sweet by far! The turban photo slays me.

• 2. MéLisa  |  September 15, 2006 at 9:04 am

That looks like such fun! Can I come to your next tea party?

She is so cute!

• 3. beki  |  September 15, 2006 at 9:32 am

That picture of Keely is priceless!

• 4. LLA  |  September 15, 2006 at 9:35 am

Now I’m in the mood for a tea party!

And I love the turban picture….

• 5. Amy  |  September 15, 2006 at 10:26 am

What a wonderful day. So glad you guys are having fun together – you are building a great relationship and a smart, cute, fun little girl. Bea loves camomile tea too – with honey.

• 6. Chrys  |  September 15, 2006 at 10:46 am

See? Nothing better than one good day after a bad day….hehehe..
    And what a good day huh? I must make a tea party aswell. Do you have a good recipe for the blueberry muffins??
    Have a lovely weekend!

• 7. laeroport  |  September 15, 2006 at 10:54 am

Pre-cious! And isn’t it great when kids want to help and we have the time to slow down and let them? I dropped Eliot off at school this morning and stood for 15 minutes and watched from outside the classroom (unseen by him) as he chopped apples, and added cinnamon and sugar to a big bowl. I think they were making applesauce from the apples on the tree in their playground. It was precious and he was so self-assured, chopping away.

Have a great weekend!

• 8. Alicia A.  |  September 15, 2006 at 10:54 am

She’s as cute as always-

You guys have a great weekend!

• 9. Danielle  |  September 15, 2006 at 11:26 am

Just wanted to let you know that I am having fun reading your posts on how you are keeping Keely busy! That teaparty looks like fun, and the turban pic is adorable!!

• 10. amy h  |  September 15, 2006 at 12:41 pm

Ooh, I can’t wait to do tea parties with Elise. :)

I love the turban photo!

• 11. nihal  |  September 15, 2006 at 1:21 pm

so sweet, i love the expression she made with the turban.

• 12. lera  |  September 15, 2006 at 2:39 pm

that is a very cute photo, indeed!!!

enjoy your weekend.

• 13. kirsty  |  September 15, 2006 at 7:05 pm

THat girl of yours is such a card!

• 14. capello  |  September 15, 2006 at 10:50 pm

blueberry muffins? oh my. yum.

miss keely, you are a doll.

• 15. Sandrine (alias Didine ? )  |  September 16, 2006 at 8:11 am

OOOOh my god ! How did you take this soooooooooooooo beautiful picture of your lovely one ??? She’s too toooo cute !

• 16. cathy  |  September 17, 2006 at 9:12 am

I love having tea parties with my son! He enjoys them so much, and makes them fun for me.

Keely with the towel on her head is brilliant! I love that photo.

• 17. weirdbunny  |  September 17, 2006 at 7:34 pm

Your daughter is such a cutie !!!
    Isn’t afternoon tea with china just the best.

I love the fact she has put a string of beads on for the tea party!

• 18. monica  |  September 18, 2006 at 11:21 am

my kids much prefer ‘real’ plates and glasses too! Are we just terrible parents who place too much important on a piece of china? What it they break, right? Except when they do… and then it’s really annoying!

That last photo is something else!

• 19. molly  |  September 18, 2006 at 2:20 pm

that bottom picture is absolutely perfect!! I LOVE it!!